Thank you for choosing MemorialCare Health Alliance (MCHA) -
The exclusive provider network for Southern California Boeing employees and their families
We are happy you have chosen us to care for you and your family's health and wellness and look forward to creating a personal, long-term relationship. With facilities located throughout Orange County, south Los Angeles County and the San Gabriel Valley and hundreds of primary care and specialty doctors to choose from, you are sure to find the care you need, where and when you need it.
THERE’S MORE TO KNOW
The following quick links and tips will help you take full advantage of your new health plan.
STEP ONE: Find a Doctor
Choosing a doctor is the first step toward keeping you in good health. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to take the time to select one for you and any family members today.
When you designate a primary care physician (PCP) to act as the centerpiece of your healthcare experience, they become the first medical professional you consult for all your basic health needs. As a result, you have an opportunity to build a long-term relationship with someone who will not only come to understand your full medical history, but be better able to ensure greater coordination of your care. In addition, a PCP delivers essential preventive care that can help you stay healthy and out of the hospital by screening for and treating conditions early – before they become a problem. In fact, studies have shown that when primary care physicians are available to communities, there are fewer deaths from cancer, heart disease or stroke.
And should you wish to see a specialist, your PCP can help you find the right one to best fit your needs.
To find a PCP, search our online provider directory. We have more than 400 PCPs for your family to choose from. You may also call the MemorialCare Health Alliance Concierge Call Center at (844) 441-8852 for questions or help selecting a physician. They are available six days a week, from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday, and from 8 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
STEP TWO: Make an Appointment
Take charge of your health!
It’s important to get to know your doctor and care team. Whether you’re feeling well or are perhaps a bit under the weather, we encourage you to make an appointment as soon as possible. Simply call your physician’s office to:
- Schedule an appointment for a routine/wellness check-up.
- Make same or next day appointments with your primary care physician for urgent situations.
- Make appointments with specialists within three days for urgent needs.
- Get help accessing other health resources.
If you need assistance selecting a physician or have any other questions, call the MemorialCare Health Alliance Concierge Call Center at (844) 441-8852, six days a week, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 7 pm, and from 8 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
STEP THREE: Get Connected!
Convenient online patient portals make managing your healthcare a lot easier!
To see if your provider utilizes an electronic medical record (EMR) system with access to a secure patient portal, check their profile page:
- Access provider profiles by searching for and selecting your provider through the find a provider directory
- Once on the profile page, look for the callout box that states if your provider uses an EMR, such as myChart or NextMD.
- If they do, select the box to access their portal login page to create your account. Please note, in some cases you may need to make an office visit first to be given an access code or token.
Once you set up your personal account, you can login anytime, anywhere, to use the portal as an entry point into your health records and to connect with your providers outside of the office. Through the portal you may be able to:
- Message your doctor
- Schedule, cancel or review upcoming appointments
- Check test or lab results
- Request prescriptions refills
- Pay your bill
- Review your health history and more
To learn more about the portals, visit Appointments and Medical Records.
MemorialCare Health Alliance Network
Stay Within Network – in order to keep your costs at a minimum, make sure your provider is within the MemorialCare Health Alliance network. If you are unsure, check our online find a provider directory or call the Concierge Call Center at (844) 441-8852 for assistance.
In order to offer a full range of medical services from neurosurgery to physical therapy and nearly everything in-between, the MemorialCare Health Alliance provider network brings together three well known and respected southern California health systems. In addition to these three network partners, and the related services that they offer—urgent care, imaging centers, and surgical centers—MCHA includes access to over 1,800 additional independent specialist physicians, a number of independent urgent care and dialysis centers, and the Quest Diagnostics lab network.
Please use the following services for lab, prescriptions, vision and behavioral health needs.
Prescription Drug Coverage:
Express Scripts® manages your prescription benefits.
Davis Vision provides your vision benefits.
Mental Health Coverage:
Mental health and substance use disorder services are administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Employee Assistance Program:
When in need, please contact Beacon Health Options.
MCHA uses Quest Diagnostics exclusively for all outpatient lab services.
For the following services and provider categories, MCHA supplements its network with providers that are part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) PPO network.
Facilities and Services
- Durable medical equipment
- Home health
- Skilled nursing facility
- Skilled rehabilitation
- Maxillofacial (oral) surgeons
To get network benefits for these types of supplemental services, you can use:
- Providers who are affiliated with MemorialCare Health Alliance. You can find them here.
- Additional in-network providers who are in the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO network but are not affiliated with MCHA. You can find them here. If you need additional assistance, please contact BCBSIL directly at 1-888-802-8776.
Eligibility and Claims
For questions regarding health plan enrollment and dependent eligibility, please contact the Boeing Service Center for Health and Insurance Plans through Worklife at (866) 473-2016.
Claims and Coverage
BlueCross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) provides medical claims administration for the MCHA plan. When you have any questions about coverage, claims or billing, please call the BCBSIL Member Service at (888) 802-8776.
Healthcare happens 24/7. Depending on your needs, MemorialCare Health Alliance includes seven hospital emergency rooms and multiple urgent care centers with extended hours.
If you require emergency care, whether you’re in our service area or you’re traveling:
- Call 9-1-1, or go directly to the nearest emergency room. You’ll get your plan’s in-network benefit level whether it’s a hospital in the MemorialCare Health Alliance or not
If you need urgent care, and you’re in our service area (Orange County, south LA County, San Gabriel Valley):
- You’ll get the plan’s in-network benefit if you use an urgent care facility in the MemorialCare Health Alliance network
If you need urgent care outside our service area:
- You’ll get the plan’s in-network benefit if you use an urgent care facility that’s part of the national Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBSIL) network. You can determine a facility’s status by calling Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois at the phone number on the back of your ID card.
Visit Service Locations for in-network emergency rooms and urgent care centers.
Not sure where to go? The following examples might help you determine whether it is best to visit an emergency room or an urgent care center.
In all life-threatening situations, call 9-1-1 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
- Chest pain, heart attack
- Difficulty breathing
- Stroke or numbness on one side
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness, shock
- Major head trauma
- Sudden loss of vision or blurred vision
- Poison ingestion, seizures, snake bites
- Severe Burns
- Acute pain
- Higher co-pays
- Longer wait times
Urgent Care Situations
During regular business hours, your primary care physician may be able to assist you with the conditions below.
After hours, the nurse-on-call (844-441-8852, choose option 1) may help you determine if you need to visit an urgent care center or can often help schedule a next morning appointment with your primary care physician.
- Fevers, colds, coughs, sore throats
- Sinus problems and earaches
- Skin allergies and rashes
- Urinary tract infections
- Diarrhea or stomach cramps
- Insect and animal bites
- Cuts and abrasions
- Sprains, strains, fractures
- Sports injuries
- Lower co-pays
- Shorter wait times
Should you need specialty care, we have hundreds of expert specialists on our team representing nearly every medical specialty needed to treat people of all ages. To find a specialist you can search our online directory, ask your PCP for recommendations (please note, you do not need a referral) or call the Concierge Call Center at (844) 441-8852 and ask for help finding one that fits your needs.
With MemorialCare Health Alliance, you can speak with a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week and get immediate, professional advice on your health questions. Our nurses can help you decide whether to see your doctor, go to the emergency room, or care for yourself at home.
Call (844) 441-8852, 24/7, and choose option 1 for the Nurse Line to be connected with a nurse that can assist you any time, any day.
Always keep your card handy. If you signed up during Boeing's annual enrollment period, your new Member ID Card should arrive by the end of December. If you are a new hire, you can expect to receive your card within two weeks after you enroll into your coverage.
- Carry your MCHA Member ID Card with you whenever you visit a healthcare provider. You will be required to show it to obtain all medical services.
- Always confirm that your physician or hospital is part of MemorialCare Health Alliance. Choosing doctors and providers within the MCHA network will keep costs down and save you money. Seeing a doctor or using a facility outside the network can cost you more in out-of-pocket fees.
- Should you need to replace your ID card at any time, please visit the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois website or call Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois at 1-888-802-8776.
We’ve put together some answers to your most common questions, but we encourage you to call the MCHA Concierge Call Center, (844) 441-8852, if there is ever anything else you need to know. View our complete list of FAQs.
Care Management Program
If you or a family member is facing a complex or serious illness, injury or chronic condition, our Care Management Program is available to provide the extra support you need to manage your condition and stay as healthy as possible. Working with an experienced nurse care manager, you’ll receive targeted information that will help you make informed personal healthcare decisions.
If you’re a candidate and would like to participate, we’ll assign a nurse care manager who can assist you with education, symptom management, prescription management and more. Just speak with your primary care physician or call the Concierge Call Center to inquire how to participate in this program.