The future of women's health. Happening here.
At MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center, we’re breaking new ground in women’s healthcare. Construction is underway for the completion of our new Women’s Health Pavilion, offering a comprehensive array of services in one state-of-the-art location—from expert breast care, gynecologic services, patient navigation, oncology care and more. The pavilion will feature the new Sarah & Taylor Nederlander Breast Center, offering women a coordinated approach to care with breast cancer screening services, dedicated breast specialists and treatments all on one campus.
- Easy access to a range of breast care imaging and diagnostic services, including expedited screening results
- Short wait times and same-day appointments
- Community education center
- Mental wellness support
- Comfortable, spa-like environment
- Calming, tranquil, outdoor garden area for rest and respite
- Convenient, complimentary parking
Heather’s Journey – From Cancer to Recovery – Kindness Guided the Way
Breast cancer survivor and patient at the MemorialCare Breast Center at Saddleback Medical Center, Heather Chu knows firsthand the impact the Women’s Health Pavilion will have on the community.
Women’s Health Pavilion
This modern new building will provide convenient access to a range of women’s health services under one roof.
Convenient Access to Women’s Services
The Women’s Health Pavilion will be located across the street from the main MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center entrance.
The open space of the Women’s Health Pavilion lobby will incorporate natural elements to create a calming feeling for patients and visitors.
Designed for Women
The three-story, 40,000-square-foot Women’s Health Pavilion was designed for women with a welcoming ambiance and will be constructed with modern sustainable materials.
With this new building, we’re making a commitment to all women. We are here for you through every stage of life. We’re here to keep you healthy and, if necessary, to guide you through your treatment journey. We believe women need this type of health care center close to home, here in Orange County.
Marcia Manker, CEO at MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center
Women’s Health Services
With the increasing need for innovative and exceptionally high-quality breast care in our community, the Women’s Health Pavilion is being specifically built to efficiently accommodate these growing community needs in one convenient location. We have streamlined the breast care journey for our patients with this modern, healing environment that is close to home, personalized and comforting.
The Sarah & Taylor Nederlander Breast Center will offer the most advanced technology with state-of-the-art equipment used for the early detection of breast cancer, including:
- 3D mammography for precise imaging
- Dedicated breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound and imaging
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsies
- Tumor freezing treatment to destroy early-stage and benign tumors
- DEXA bone-density testing
The Women’s Health Pavilion will be equipped with highly knowledgeable Breast Care Navigators that will provide support and advocacy throughout a woman’s breast cancer journey. Breast Care Navigators will help patients and their families:
- Understand a diagnosis
- Thoroughly discuss treatment options
- Provide guidance through insurance questions
- Coordinate care with physicians and specialists
- Offer educational resources
Cancer that occurs in the female reproductive system is known as gynecologic cancer. Annually there are about 90,000 women diagnosed with gynecologic cancer in the U.S. alone. More than half of the gynecologic cancers diagnosed are cervical cancer according to estimates from the National Cancer Institute. Our gynecologic oncologist treats various types of gynecologic cancers including:
- Cervical cancer - Cancer cells grow on the lining of cervix located in the lower part of the uterus (womb) in the female reproductive system.
- Ovarian cancer - Cancer cells grow in one or both of the ovaries in the female reproductive system.
- Uterine cancer - Cancer cells grow or form in the uterus (the womb) in the female reproductive system, and usually occurs after menopause.
- Vaginal cancer - Cancer cells grow in the vagina.
- Vulvar cancer - Cancer cells grow in the vulva, the outer part of the female reproductive organs.
We plan to offer Genetic Counseling at the Women’s Health Pavilion. The majority of cancers develop without a known cause, but some are hereditary. Genetic counseling helps determine a person’s risk for developing a variety of cancers, including uterine, breast, colon, and ovarian.
Women’s health and wellness begins with knowledge from adolescence to childbearing, through senior years. The Community Education Center within the Women’s Health Pavilion will enable us to expand the ways we are able to service our community.
There will be an entire floor dedicated to providing a variety of valuable services for community education that include:
- Cancer support groups
- New mother support groups
- Community health education classes
- Physician meetings and more!
The Women’s Health Pavilion will be located across the street from the MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center entrance.