At MemorialCare Health Alliance, providing safe, quality healthcare is always a top priority, but with the Coronavirus still circulating in our communities it has taken on an even greater importance.
So that you will be safe and feel safe, each partner has implemented extra precautions to ensure patients and healthcare providers are safe at any of our health centers, hospitals or outpatient centers.
While most partners continue to offer telehealth options, we encourage those of you who would benefit from or prefer in-person visits with your physician to schedule appointments. Please do not delay important care.
To learn more about MemorialCare's safety measures during COVID-19, visit our "We're Here" webpage. This page also includes a message from MemorialCare's CEO, Barry Arbuckle, PhD, as well as additional details about the Coronavirus, our facilities and services.
If you prefer, you may go directly to the different location safety measures pages below:
- Primary and Urgent Care
- Surgical Procedures
- Breast Care
- Cancer Care & Radiation Oncology
- Outpatient Imaging Centers
Basic MemorialCare COVID-19 Precautions:
- All individuals entering ANY of our facilities are 1) screened for symptoms, 2) their temperature is taken, and 3) they will receive a mask
- All surgical patients are tested for COVID-19 before their surgery
- Waiting rooms have been reconfigured for social distancing
- Stringent compliance with disinfecting and cleaning of all equipment and spaces
Greater Newport Physicians has put in place extra precautions to ensure the continued safety and well-being of both patients and staff at our affiliated hospitals and outpatient care centers.
These precautions include:
- Observing social distancing, including spaced out seating in waiting areas and properly spaced out floor markings in areas where lines form
- Screening individuals for symptoms, taking their temperature, and ensuring a mask is worn before allowing entry
- Ensuring all clinical staff members wear face masks and abide by all personal protective equipment guidelines, in addition to stringent compliance with hand hygiene
- Adhering to strict compliance with disinfecting and cleaning of equipment and spaces
For more information, please visit memorialcare.org/WereHere.
To learn more about Edinger Medical Group's safety measures during COVID-19, please read their patient letter.
- Request for you to text/call when arriving for your visit.
- All patients will be screened for any known COVID 19 exposure or
- infection risk.
- Guests accompanying scheduled patients will be required to wait in their vehicles or outside
- Please bring your own face covering/mask to wear throughout your visit.
- We are reducing wait times with others to promote physical distancing.
- Specific office hours for our most vulnerable.
- Unidirectional office pathways will help social distancing.
- Weekend urgent care morning hours (9-12 pm Sat, Sun) will continue to be offered solely via
- telehealth visits and as always, there is a 24 hour physician on call.
Please check our website for updates on our new office protocols and you can always call or send us a text with any questions to 714-965-2500.
To learn more about Monarch HealthCare's safety measures during COVID-19, read this "Ten Things" PDF:
For information about the Coronavirus, visit COVID-19 resources
Message to members, patients and employees:
We take the safety of our members, patients and employees very seriously. We have rigorous safety procedures in place to protect everyone from potentially infectious diseases. In the case of COVID-19, we have taken several measures to bolster our preparedness, such as ensuring appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) is available to our providers, and further precautions as deemed necessary by the CDC.
We have provided all front-line employees with guidance for following public health guidelines, evidence-based protocols and protective procedures in performing their duties. This includes following all CDC protocols for identifying and triaging at-risk individuals, and rapidly engaging with relevant public health authorities. We are closely monitoring this evolving situation and will continue to update our protocols and guidance as necessary.
To learn more about PIH Health's safety measures during COVID-19, visit "We're Here for You" for videos and information that include:
- New safety protocols for prediatrics; emergency departments and hospitals; and urgent care and medical offices
- Telehealth appointments
- COVID-19 Testing information
- COVID-19 resources
Measures Taken to Ensure Your Safety
For the safety and well-being of all our patients and health providers, PIH Health continues to implement safety measures at each of our hospitals, urgent care centers and medical offices.
- Everyone is screened (not tested) for COVID-19 and required to cleanse their hands and wear a simple mask before entering PIH Health facilities.
- Patients suspected of having COVID-19 are separated from all other patients and directed to a separate entrance and waiting area.
- Certain floors of our hospitals are designated for treatment of COVID-19 patients only and staffed by a dedicated care team.
- Restrictions have been placed on visiting patients to limit the number of people in the facilities.
- Emergency Department lobbies and medical office waiting rooms have been modified to practice social distancing.
- We follow the highest standards of infection prevention and sanitation practices.
To learn more about Torrance Memorial's safety measures during COVID-19, visit "Welcome Back to Health" for videos and information that include:
- How we are keeping you safe
- Updated visitor policy
- Frequestly asked questions
- New safety protocols for surgery
- Latest on COVID-19 and antibody testing
- What are we doing to combat COVID-19
- COVID-19 and diabetes
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma donation
How We Are Keeping You Safe
Mandatory Daily Screening and Temperature Checks – Every person who enters our facility goes through a daily screening and temperature check.
Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Each staff member on a patient’s care team has the proper PPE to ensure patient and staff safety. We have ample supply of all the necessary PPE required for any medical or surgical need.
Isolation of COVID Patients – We have implemented strict isolation practices to separate COVID-19 patients from other patients in our care.
Extensive Training - Our physicians, nurses and ancillary care team members have clinical training and experience in infectious disease prevention and follow strict protocols for maintaining a safe patient environment.
No Visitor Policy – In accordance with CDC guidelines to protect our patients and staff, no visitors will be allowed in any inpatient areas until further notice with the exceptions below:
- Pediatrics and NICU: Both parents allowed after screening.
- Labor and Delivery: One visitor per patient at a time will be allowed after screening.
- Compassionate Care: Visitors may be allowed at the discretion of our care teams. Limited to no more than two visitors at a time.
Infection Prevention Distancing – We have implemented many physical distancing measures throughout the hospital and our physician offices.
Cleaning and Maintenance – Torrance Memorial follows CDC protocols for cleaning and disinfecting all patient and treatment areas. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between patients.